Join The Team!
Please feel free to apply using the form below
As Colorado’s highest volume cabinet manufacturer, Tharp has over 130 full-time employees in Loveland, Colorado. Positions include: Sales, Engineering, Accounting, HR, Customer Service, Production, Delivery, Installation and Field Service. If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tharp team, please fill out our application below.
Tharp offers medical, dental and vision plans. Enrollment eligibility is 60 days from the first day of the following month of start date. Family and dependent health care coverage is available for an additional charge. A 401K plan with a company match is also offered for all full time employees.
Our Employment Policies
Tharp takes its work environment very seriously and is committed to providing a safe and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and have a drug free work environment at Tharp. We are an “AT WILL” employer per Colorado statute.
Pre-Employment Requirements Include:
Driving records for employees operating company vehicles
+ Job Description
This position consists of about 85% standing and 15% walking. Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must strictly adhere to company safety policy, including wearing safety glasses, closed-toe shoes, hearing protection, and using machine guards where/when required. A wide variety of hand tools are used on a daily basis, including staple guns, nail guns, table saws, chop saw, cross cut saw, drills, sanders, CNC machine.
We encourage thinking outside the box and we are looking for candidates who are always seeking ways to improve both company processes and themselves. We are seeking experienced, career minded individuals who have a strong work history, are reliable, dependable, honest and hard working.
Our production facility operates with teaming. This allows for our employees to expand their skill sets and knowledge of all aspects of the production process. Working with your Team Captains, you will develop a career path that will facilitate your growth as well as strengthen your team.
- Ability to read and understand spec sheets and prints
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team
- Appreciation for quality
- Experience in wood working or cabinetry is a plus but not necessary
- Candidate must be able to read a tape measure
- Previous experience with table saws, drills, staple and nail guns is strongly preferred but not required
- High School diploma or GED desired but not required
+ Job Description
The Delivery Driver loads product at the plant and delivers it safely to the end user. This is normally the last step in the process of filling a customer’s order.
- Load cabinets and parts into a truck in a safe manner ensuring the load is well protected and secure
- Locate missing parts needed to complete shipment
- Drive Tharp’s delivery vehicles, mostly large straight trucks, throughout Colorado and neighboring states when delivering cabinets and parts.
- Unload cabinets and parts at destination and inspect load for any damage that may have occurred in transit
- Conduct vehicle inspections per DOT regulations
- Clean and Maintain vehicle
- Other duties as assigned
Outside Contacts: Contractors, customers and the public on a routine basis
Equipment: Delivery truck, hand dolly, loading and securing devices
Physical Activities and Safety: 10% standing, 60% walking, 30 % sitting - Must be able to lift up to 100lbs. Strict adherence to Tharp’s safety policy including wearing safety glasses where required. A back brace and gloves are recommended and provided.
+ Job Qualifications:
- Must have good judgment in all aspects of job, i.e. loading efficiency, securing the load, locating the destination and safely unloading the materials
- Must have good truck driving skills
- Must interface professionally with customers
- Good problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
Education or Formal Training: H.S. Diploma/GED preferred but not required
Licenses Needed: Colorado Drivers license and driving record that meets Tharp’s requirements
Experience: At least 6 months of previous experience driving delivery trucks
Production Engineer/Designer/Drafting Professional
+ Job Description
Manufacturing Quality and efficiency starts with the Production Engineer. The Production Engineer converts customer/sales concepts into a manufactural product. The Production Engineer works with Sales, Designers and Manufacturing personnel to accurately convert Sales’ designs into a product that can be manufactured and installed at a level of quality that ensures a great customer experience.
• Produce quality design solutions. • Support Operations, Installation and Service to ensure optimal customer experience. • Engage with Team to ensure safe and correct methods are used to facilitate requested output. • Display a baseline of understanding of the Tharp Quality requirements. • Ability to work in a team environment. • Self-starter and motivated with a strong analytical, coordination and organizational skills. • Able to handle a variety of activities and complexities. • Provide support to operations to ensure exceptional results.
+ Job Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience with Design Software (or drafting education)
- 2+ years of experience with cabinetry, closets, millwork Preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Follow instructions and take directions
- Excellent Oral & Written skills are required
- Must have high attention to detail
- Positive team player
- Quality focused
- Strong sense of integrity, consistent, hungry, being able to follow up tasks.
Equipment used at Tharp: Standard office equipment
Physical Activities and Safety: 90% sitting, 10% walking - Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Must strictly adhere to company safety policy, including, wearing safety glasses where required.
+ Job Description
The Material Crib Attendant( Inventory Attendant) is primarily responsible for receiving all product into the facility, inventory control, and distribution of items to respective departments as requested. The Material Crib Attendant is involved in the development of a kanban system, and owns the execution of that system.
+ Job Responsibilities
- Any and all duties as assigned by Buyer/Planner.
- Owns and manages the accuracy, cleanliness, organization, and execution of the material crib
- Collaborates with all Department Leads to maintain sufficient stock levels to ensure that we don’t run out of material, but also to control accumulation of unnecessary excess inventory.
- Drive process improvement in the material crib to eliminate waste.
- Receive product into the facility.
- Distribute product to requesting department.
- Help develop and execute kanban system.
- Incoming quality inspection on materials received, and reporting of issues to Buyer/Planner.
- Assist in development and documentation of written procedures (work instructions) on how to successfully perform the Material Crib Attendant role and properly manage/execute the material crib.
- Participate in Lean implementation throughout the company.
- Perform regular cycle counts of inventory per schedule established by Buyer/Planner.
- Back up Buyer/Planner in driving monthly inventory.
- Maintain electronic records of inventory flowing in and out of material crib.
+ Job Qualification
- 2 years of warehouse receiving experience.
- Forklift efficiency, both sit down and stand up.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suites, particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Strong organization skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision using experience and judgment to accomplish daily tasks and goals.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, efficient manner with all levels of company and vendors.
- Strong attention to detail and assistance with identification and implementation of best practices.
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage interruptions and manage daily tasks while maintaining a professional attitude.
+ Education or Formal Training:
High School Diploma/GED, and industry experience preferred
Equipment: Usual office equipment as supplied by Company – phone, computer, fax, copier, automobile etc. will be used on a daily basis. Forklift
Physical Activities and Safety: 30% standing, 70% walking - Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Must strictly adhere to company safety policy, including wearing safety glasses as required and using machine guards where provided.
By clicking "submit" are you agreeing to the following: I certify that my answers are true & complete. I authorize the investigation of any or all statements in this application. I also authorize, whether listed or not, any person, school, current employer, past employers, & organizations to provide relevant information & opinions that may be useful in making a hiring decision. I release such persons & organizations from any legal liability in making such statements.
If this application leads to employment, I understand that false or misleading information in my application or interview may result in my release. I understand that your employment with us is "employment at will" and voluntary in nature. You have not been employed for any specific amount of time.
Tharp Cabinet Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer: We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, natural origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intentions that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that the hiring process be based on job related factors.